View Single Post
      06-10-2019, 08:12 PM   #119
GT172I
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 11 M3 ZCP, 11 335is
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I used a tiny bit of grease as the lubricant. Obviously make sure nothing is in the way in the receiving end. Maybe lightly lubricate that area as well. It did take some effort to get them in.
Thanks for the advice, I realized it was really just one of the o-rings that had been fighting me with a vengeance so I pulled it out and was going to try my last spare with some grease like you mentioned and noticed that the offending o-ring was swollen much larger than the others/new one. Either it absorbed something I put on it trying to lube it up or it was just a bad o-ring but after swapping in the new one and with a tiny bit of lube it went on much easier.

FYI for the future folks attempting this DIY, get at least 5 (maybe 6) of those o-rings to replace the 4 squashed/dried out ones in there and check for consistency between the new ones since it's a tight fit.

Cheers
M3MPH1S481.50