View Single Post
      03-06-2015, 09:29 AM   #40
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwestm3 View Post
I'm anxious to see how it all comes together. I really like the smoothed out integrated factory look. I love a wider stance, just not a fan at all of the other wide body kits out there. They look like someone put huge 4x4 fender flares on an M3...
I feel you, although I will have flared the fu** out fenders, and I am a fan of using flares in a lot of cases, but I just can't accept companies charging tens of thousands of dolars for plastic flares just because BMW... the same exact flare kit with same quality for a cheaper car is only $2k for a whole set, like the FRS rocket bunny flares, and in some cases the flares are even more complex and prettier looking then the BMW flares, but just because the car originally costs more they decide they need to rip us off.

for example the S13 240sx fender flare kit, looks identical to the M3 flares, big round bubbly flares with the duck bill type spoiler and it costs $1200 or so?

Mostly I was hoping to get some mass produced wider fenders for anyone who might want them and maybe start my own brand.. we will wait till the end of the build to see if we feel it will be mass production worthy.

My biggest worry with this build is making the crazy wide fenders look good/blend in with the stock bumpers and sideskirts.... blending everything in by using custom Aero and canards and custom sideskirts that will give a gt racing but with a luxury sort of look to it...and complete the package.