07-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #15
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr0gant View Post
Street wise, the M3 takes on the likes of Porsche MUCH more than the E46 did, and we ALL know, it eats up the direct competition, such as S5, RS4, C63AMG, IS-350 etc...
Are you serious, you think that the M3 is so far ahead of the competition.

The IS-350 or the S5 aren't in the M3 power to weight class so can't be classed as true rivals, as for the others, well the RS4 has won a few group tests against the M3 and the C63amg as won quite a few itself. Only in the US does the M3 win everything and I have my opinions on why that is and it has nothing to do with the M3 being that much better.

It's a great car that is certainly as good as any other rival, that is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arr0gant View Post
Also, as I've said in MANY other threads, 1, 2 and 3 year old 911 owners and 996 911 Turbo owners as well (such as myself) are moving to the M3

In 2001, we didn't have the Carrera owners selling or trading their 1, 2 or 3 year old Porsches just to get into an M!! And, it AINT JUST about the horsepower, it's the WHOLE package!! Believe that!!
This is a case that the M3's appeal has broaden more than every before and as a complete package it does cover all bases.

P.S.
The only reason a 911 Turbo owner would consider an M3 is they can't afford the new one, plain and simple. The two cars are a world apart in class, performance, price, everything.
Appreciate 0