View Single Post
      08-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
I had a hard time wearing out my original rotors with various track pads (dtc 70, raybestos st 43, pfc01) and two competitive NASA tt seasons. They were replaced at the 30k service. The moral of the story is that the oem rotors are pretty darn good.
I'm also finding that my 380mm stoptechs are holding up well but will most likely be replaced due to cracking before they wear out. I had some pretty bad luck with the pfc replacement rotors as well.
RickyBobby, have you heard of Coleman Machines? They make rotors for NASCARS and Prodrive. I have used them in the past (for the 2 piece rotor rings). They can sell you a set heat treated no slotted/cross drilled and are REALLY affordable. Send them your current rotors once (worn out is fine) they can mimic it and will save it in the system for future shipment.

Trey is a great guy there.

There, saved you over 50% in replacement cost

I intend to do the same with my stock rotors once the maint. program runs out. Send them the stock ones, get back 2 piece custom rotors which a) will last much longer b) reduced cost to replace as all I would need would be rings.

Lutfy
Appreciate 0