View Single Post
      07-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #18
Maestrob4u
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 Ford C-Max

Mine is just a brief quip and a stab at BMW. Technology has detracted from the driving experience and the ability to enhance ones own. I speak of BMW's new habit of making it extremely difficult to tune the ECU's on their modern engines (usually done to protect the model above in the range, or restrict us to their COSTLY upgrades). The S63 twin turbo V8 is a prime example.

That said, with improvements in technology identifying issues with your vehicle has become a lot easier and in some ways, less costly.

I would also like to add how disgusted I am with the fact that the next M3 (well M4 for the coupe as BMW have decided to copy Audi with the excessive market segmenting approach) & M5 with not be blessed with the transmission that elevated them to the status we now worship them at. Technology has almost, but not quite yet, murdered the manual transmission.

You cannot beat stirring the stick for driving involvement. No push button, trigger/ lever pulling can ever replicate or replace it. And finally to be crude F*** your "this much of a millisecond" shift times. It's the gourmet meal approach vs the fast food approach and I know which one I prefer.

I'm sure there are plenty of emotionless reasons in favour of the two pedal approach, this is my personal opinion which, I believe many other individuals share.
Appreciate 0