View Single Post
      01-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #337
Class-of-2016
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Awesome! You are going to be addicted I tell you!

As for the leather, I use Lexol and could not be happier.

I know Zaino is very often recommended, and I tried it once, but I didn't like how it made my leather feel on the M3. Maybe something was wrong with the liquid in my bottle or something, but the leather seemed to harden. So I wiped it off, used some Lexol cleaner and then applied Lexol conditioner and it went back to being soft. Lots of people swear by Zaino on bimmerpost so, again, maybe something was wrong with my bottle!

In retrospect, my leather did not need any conditioning, and the Zaino removed some of that FACTORY BMW smell. Damn. But I was too OCD in trying to protect it. I even had covers on the seats for a while. Seriously, I went overboard.

If I had to do it again, I'd just clean and condition the seats after winter, during "spring cleaning". And enjoy that factory leather smell for longer.

On the other hand, I love using Zaino for "waxing". P.S. Zaino will make your Jet Black pop!!
Thanks Julie, great advice! I was about to Zaino this weekend, but you're right, hold off a bit so I can bathe in the new car leather smell longer I do have Lexol products (bought it when Zaino ran out for a bit), and got to be honest, it just doesn't smell right to me. It does the job, but the smell is too neutral / chemically smelling - if that makes any sense.

Love Zaino exterior products, they do work well. My system is : KLASSSE AIO + Collinite 845 as a strong protective base gloss. Then Zaino Gloss Enhancer (between washes) OR Zaino Grand Finale Spray for extra zing!
Appreciate 0