View Single Post
      07-30-2018, 12:51 PM   #89
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
My current S2000 and previous Cayman GT4 honestly have way more of that connection to the car than my E92 M3 or GT350 ever did. I really love my GT350, but it honestly just feels way too big and heavy to be enjoyed as a dedicated track car. But that's probably because I have an S2000 that's set up so well and is a freaking complete joy to drive on a race track. Lighter/smaller cars are just way more fun in the corners. I really enjoy my GT350 on the street though.

Here's my GT350 on track last week...1 session before my oil filter backed out and dumped oil on the track for half a mile. I had my break-in oil change done at the dealership because it was free, but either they didn't torque the filter down to spec (they said they did), or its a design problem (ford also changed the filter design to a cartridge style a few months after my car was built). My car seems to run fine, but it ran with low oil pressure as I was slowing the car down. I'm trying to get Ford to give me an extended warranty on the motor because of this mishap. Car is less than a year old and only has 5k miles on it.

Holy Shit!! I am so glad you didn't get hurt bro. I remember you from the E46 M3 days on Roadfly...
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0