United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 6MT Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloumeM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELSTL View Post
The new wheels look great and that rear 3/4 pic is especially killer
What exhaust system do you have on your e93? I've looking at RKP Street x-pipe (keeping primary cat) which will be connected to Eisenmann Race in the back. However, I've been hearing about drone issue with x-pipe added. I heard people saying the OEM set up sounds a bit drony already, but I don't hear it with the top up. With top down, I heard some but I actually like the deep low sound. Also, I think the heavy back-end with the top tucked in the trunk, I don't think it will be that bad. Just curious whether you have any issues with drony exhaust with your setup. BTW, I could use extra HP but could do without if more free-flowing pipe will produce too much drone.
My car has the fabspeed x-pipe and rear section along with a dinan air intake - all installed by the prior owner. Definitely throatier than stock, but not too crazy. I think it sounds great with the top down, but don't usually drive the car long distances where drone could be a problem. Happy to let you drive it to help you make a decision.
Appreciate 0