View Single Post
      03-30-2017, 02:41 PM   #16
Mvez
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe

Follow up after initial track setup:

Guys, these clubsports are fantastic. The damping quality they give this big heavy car is outstanding. Clicks are noticeable, but not big swings, so you can fine tune.

I'm still in the 4-7 range (out of 10) for all rebound and compression settings (on Trofeo-R), which means there is still plenty of room for more adjustment and will easily handle full slicks if desired. But right out of the box I was VERY happy with them, and their performance. I didn't want to make any bar changes at the track while playing with the shock settings, so I could get a good feel on how the chassis reacts. I was fighting a bit of understeer and was very pleased to see that I could still dial alot of it out with just shocks. Typically shocks are the final, fine tuning point after your bars are set. After I stiffen up the rear bar, and re-set the rear shocks, the car will be perfecto.

They have that great Bilstein control, where you can take curbs and the car just absorbs them without upsetting the chassis, but you still have that firm direct seat of pants feel, which I like.

What a great car though. It definitely takes some work, but the right mods make this a really fun car on track, and fast. I was very pleased with the lap times I was able to lay down on the first day. It's a shame Bilstein doesn't offer Clubsports for more models......this car is a total sleeper and is going to bruise some egos.
'15 FRS - Sprint racecar
'00 Miata - Enduro racecar
Appreciate 2
///Mobbin1478.00
Kelse921131.50