07-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #4
Grey///Matter
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
Someone on this forum posted earlier today that the Rod Bearing issue is only on the 08 models, that is completely false, correct?

However I have not heard that if you have a 2011 or later model, the oil analysis will do/show nothing? Is that really accurate???

And last question, if that is truly the case, how and when does someone with a 2011 model decide to replace the Rod Bearings? No part of me is thinking that it does NOT need to be done, I just can't for the life of me decide when I should do it.

2011.75 w/ 35k miles
Yeah, it's false that it's only on 2008 models. I think from some point in 2011 onwards the bearing material was changed, so (as I understand) there is no point in doing an oil analysis on models newer than that because you can't track the lead levels. Check out this thread made by another forum member which is quite comprehensive: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=892838

I am personally waiting for my CPO warranty to expire and then will get it done pretty much right then as a preventative measure
Appreciate 0