View Single Post
      10-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #172
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

I've already contributed and said that I'd have killed myself in a 414hp M3 at 16, but I think very few 16 year olds (boys especially) can handle that car and not get in trouble.

An M3 is as safe or safer than a lot of cars once it at speed. It can outbrake a lot of other cars most 16 year olds may be driving, and is a safely designed car that won't be flipping over on flat ground or anything. It also has the power to avoid dangerous situations.

However, we all know that a high hp rwd car is also unsafe when an invincible noob is behind the wheel, mashing the pedal into turns, through turns and out of turns. I don't think the M3 is an overly tail happy car at all, but it's not particularly safe when the driver does not know how to properly apply that power to the ground.
Let's not forget just how confidence inspiring BMW's, and especially the M3 is. I'm sure everyone's M3 in here makes them feel like Seb Vettel, but we all know the car and the PSS tires are doing all the work. A cocky testosterone filled teenage boy is a high risk driver behind the wheel of one of these machines.

I still wish my parents let me get the E36 M3 when I was 16. They blamed their choice not to on the fact that they'd like grandkids one day. I got an underpowered E46 325 instead and that probably saved me from multiple potential car accidents.
Appreciate 0