View Single Post
      06-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #128
Mosport79
Registered
Rep
Drives: 03 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaw View Post
You've heard the term "no-brainer" used to describe an easy, obvious decision? This is one of those. Get the M3 and don't look back.
I would like to caution this comment. I feel like people discount the 135i a little too much sometimes. I have tracked a 135i with stage 2 dinan and the M package, it is definitely nothing too discount! It is a faster car than the M3 and if you are willing to invest in some decent rubber and perhaps some suspension upgrades than it will be faster around the track too. I have spent several full weekends running this 135i against a half dozen or more 08-09 M3's, and I always out pull them on the straights and I'm quicker through the tighter portion of the tracks as well. Not sure if you are familiar with Mosport in Ontario, but on the back straight this 135i hits 146mph and we turned 1:41 lap times......and we were running it on the stock 215 run flats that weekend. This is a very, very capable track car. If gutted, properly tuned, and properly tired, this is one machine not to mess with. I made several M3 owners face their doubts at the track, the 135i is very fast!
Appreciate 0