Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben14142001 View Post
Do NOT eat 6 grams of protein a day per pound of body weight, that is very, very unhealthy. The stress is on the kidneys, which has to excrete the waste products from protein breakdown (creatinine and urea) which is what worries people. I'm fairly certain there is no stress on the liver from increased protein intake. I was in your same boat a couple years ago, but have been steadily gaining weight by lifting heavy and eating a lot. Balanced diet is the way to go, with an emphasis on protein. I try to always have something to eat about every 2 hours, not a full meal, but maybe a banana or a protein bar or peanut butter with something. Like others said, you have to intake more calories than you expend, which is difficult with a high metabolism. Eat a lot of good food is my best advice and peanut butter is a great way to get extra calories in for the day.

-Ben

Thanks for the advice. I'm really a complete noob at fitness so I think it's in my best interest to see a nutritionist.