10-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #17
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenross View Post
Sirsloppy.. that is exactly the deal that i was talking about.. when i mean zero down.. i meant no cap cost reduction.. just first month, security, bank fee etc..
hmm..

guess just have to wait.. see what happens at the end of the year.. or maybe just swapalease..

so does anyone think they will do this again to move cars?

it sort of devalues the brand.. i cant think of paying more when i know someone got that price..

s
How do you figure man? I mean don’t get me wrong, it is frustrating to hear one guy paying $700 for the same car that the other guy is paying $1100, but like you said and acknowledged there are so many different circumstances to this. How about the guys that leased ‘08s right when they came out for $1400 only to see the EXACT same car lease for half later in the year.

This happens all the time with cars, luxury goods, clothing, electronics, etc. BMW did a bad job in over estimating how many M’s to produce at inception, couple that with the fact that the Worlds economy literally shit the bed within months of the car coming out, BMW had to leverage themselves, and if it meant losing a few bucks by getting rid of certain cars, in order to right the ship for future productions, so be it.

You seem like a pretty logical and knowledgeable guy. The fact that a handful of guys basically stole this car 1-2 years ago does not affect the BMW brand or name in any way. Nobody knows for sure when and if this will happen again, maybe with the exception of the end of the E90/92/93’s life cycle. And no, I doubt they do anything as drastic again like this since they already learned their lesson once.

If getting an E93 M3 means you have to be in the $700 a month range you will have to put a lot down on a lease or you could consider the BMW Select which would likely mean putting down something in the $15K range, but at least that way you’d own the car.

Good luck with your search.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0