11-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #54
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
You realize that the reason why there are no deals and long waits for the S5 is because Audi is making realative few of them and demand is very high. They don't need to do anyhting to sell the car.

As for the idea that a DB9 or Conti GT is a substitute for the RS5, you are out of your mind. You may be able to buy a DB9/GT out of the States for close to the same initial purchase price (though with the dollar at 1.2288 and a 6% import duty I don't think you can) but the running costs are astronomical. Call a Bentley or AM dealership and ask them about maintenance. You probably can't get an AMV8 out of the States for less than what the RS5 will go for.
Actually there are slightly used V8 Aston for like 120k and import used for 99k so i would take that over an RS5 any given time. Beside Aston martin theres the M5, Carrera 4s,2s and even used turbo for tat kinda of money. It really doesn't make any shit sense to buy an RS5 up here in Canada. And if u think the deman is high I can tell u theres plenty of used RS4 and S5 on sale now and could hardly find a buyer. Audi is way over priced to be competative. On the other hand RS5 would be an awesome choice if it cost the same as an M3. On another note though theres is still the C63 Amg for only 70k
Appreciate 0