View Single Post
      07-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #26
Krockit1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Scratches on Black Paint Solved

I have maintained my own car finishes for over 40 years and never enlisted professional help until I started driving Porsches and BMW's. Black is a bitch to keep clean but German paint is high maintenance like nothing I've ever experienced. Plus, my Jet Black 2013 M3 had orange peel so bad I couldn't stand it. And it seemed like all you had to do is sneeze on it and it scratched! So I decided to go fo the best possible result. Photo is after...

1. Full wet sand
2. Full 4 step polish to mirror finish
3. CQuartz Finest nano ceramic coating applied

All this done by pros. Let me tell you it was the best thing I ever did. Gave away all my other Meguiars and Mothers products. All I use now is Reset carwash and Ultima Waterless wash as a detailer spray, both are designed to be used with CQuartz Finest treated paint. Shine is show car mirror quality, washing is a breeze, water beading is freakish, and the best part? NO SCRATCHES! The coating is tough as hell.

Last thing- there is a difference between CQuartz and CQuartz Finest. Do yourself a favor. Don't try it at home. Spend the money. I enjoy my M3 now more than ever.
Attached Images