10-09-2020, 03:19 AM   #8
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911r View Post
Didn't know it was a ZCP too! I noticed it had a dealer tag in the pic, is your friend a dealer? Has he had the car for a while or is he more looking to flip it? No real use in doing TBAs preventatively—although it is a pretty decent selling point. As for rod bearings, I'd reckon one could get back 75%+/- of what they paid to have them done when it comes to sell the car. It also opens up the potential market, as I know some people are more hesitant to buy a car that hasn't had its rod bearings done yet.

For the right buyer mid-30s doesn't sound unobtainable, although it would have to be the right buyer. I wouldn't expect it to sell instantly at that price. Once you start getting into $40k territory people expect low miles, enthusiast ownership history w/ a plethora of maintenance records & documentation, etc etc.
Agreed on all points. He works with a used car dealer but came across this car private sale I think maybe on Craigslist but I can't remember. It didn't go through the dealer auction or anything although they also do find some gems.

I'm going to see what others have to say but hope that if he hears this from more than just me then maybe he might plan to keep the car longer. He never bought it with intention to flip but it's hard to not think about it when you see some of these unicorns going for 50k. However it's the miles that's really the biggest factor. That and 6MT. I think he has had the car for almost a year now.
Appreciate 1
911r891.00