View Single Post
      06-13-2019, 07:24 AM   #19
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
From the pictures, it looks like you will have to extend the wires for the rear 02s. Don’t know about the fronts. But that is no big deal. For the bigger 3.0” midpipe, it looks like they staggered the clamps for more room, but that may mean the rear pipes are staggered and if so, or if they are still 3.0”, they might not mate to a stock or aftermarket rear exhaust, in which case, you could buy the Becker version. Again, I don’t know for sure from the pictures.
Yes extending the O2 wires might be needed, my tune does suppress the rear O2s but im not sure if it's okay to leave them disconnected. My hope is that the mid section will mate to the stock sized connection at the rear. It does look like just before it ends, there is a step down in pipe size. I also think the reason for the unevenness is because the exhaust isn't fitted and pressed together, the pieces are just layed out as you can see in this pic.

Quote:
I like the more forward placement of the X in the midpipe.
I agree, it's one of the reasons i've been holding off on buying an xpipe because these came with it and I like the design.

Quote:
Looking forward to the dyno. Thus far, it seems like bigger exhausts don’t add power except maybe on forced induction or stroker motor cars. More testing like you are doing will be helpful in figuring that out. Could be that you will need a custom tune to take advantage of less exhaust backpressure.
Yes, I wish I had a local tuner that would do a custom dyno tune for the headers. I may try to see if anyone can do a remote tune eventually but I'm not sure about that, they are usually hard to setup/co-ordinate and some people are unreliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frappiculo View Post
interested in this post. also where are you located in south florida? i am located in tampa.
I am in Boynton Beach, FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnrbr View Post
I'm in for $20. Looking forward to the dyno results.
Thank you. We are now at 50% of the goal.

I found a dyno that has done some E9x m3s before, recommended by a s/c friend. He will give me the files and it will include afr and he knows what to do about the rpm pickup, I've heard some dynos have problem with that.
Appreciate 0