View Single Post
      03-19-2024, 11:02 PM   #10
BimmerMan33
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3, 2014 BMW X5

Thank you guys for the comments & feedback regarding the NRW fuel filter kit.

I ordered, received & test fitted the kit, here’s how I feel about it:

Material quality, finish & packaging is excellent.
There are no instructions included but it’s pretty straightforward but given the tight space, it’s better to take your time installing it..

After test fitting the kit, I found that the included fuel hose is too long & would run against other pipes & hoses in the vicinity.
The filter bracket should have been smaller & with rounded corners as one corner rubs against the black plastic ignition coil cover & another against the corrugated pipe running alongside the plenum.
Also the factory flexible fuel hose going to the fuel rail gets significantly flexed (beyond my comfort level), keep in mind that the newest E9x M3 is over 10-11 yrs old & gets significant amount of radiant heat from the headers, with all the years of heat cycling the rubber gets brittle & increase the chances of cracking & prone to leaking!! If it leaks, I think you’d have to replace the fuel rail as it’s crimped on to it, not only that but with its forward relocation due to this fuel filter, it’s exposed to even more heat!
All of these issues could be minimized if this filter were smaller in size (it’s too long).

After thinking & analyzing for 5 days, I decided to return this kit!
People like me are happy with aftermarket products as long as they have OEM level fitment, especially considering it’s messing with fuel line with significant heat nearby!

I did some additional research about fuel injectors & feel that its better to replace the injectors than installing this filter. Will make another post about why I think so.. this post became too lengthy!

Thanks for reading!
Please continue the discussion!!
Appreciate 0