View Single Post
      01-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #41
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
That's cool, I always give the thumbs up to anyone on the road up for a good time..

A couple of nights ago, when I was driving back from my ski trip up in Blue Mountain I saw a car pulling up aggressively behind me. Kinda annoyed because I thought he was tail gating me. He pulled over to the right lane and pulled next to me. I was doing around 75mph. It was the new hatchback STI, lightly modified. He flashed his lights and gunned it. The road was clear infront of me and I went for it as well. Caught up with him and got ahead of him. Went through a tunnel and he cut behind me before the lanes were separated by double lines. The left lane was completely clear all the way through, the right had a few slower cars. Went up to upwards of 145mph for a few seconds.. he was way behind now.

Got out of the tunnel, he gave me the hazard light and took the next exit. Actually, I never really realized what the hazard lights mean until a few days ago - didn't know it actually is to acknowledge others. lol

Keep me updated if you guys are meeting up, would love to check out a C63
Nice Kill. If I had to guess, he was trying the gauge his rice burner against your M3 in terms of speed and performance. I have had a similar situation before. One time when I was going back home I had some clown in a newer Accord coupe pull along side me and pace me on RT 17 South before the RT3 East exit (If anyone knows that exit it is a very sharp curving turn which dips). I got on the gas slightly to see if this guy was really serious and surely he was. Bottom line I left him in the dust took the turn nicely with not braking looked back in my rear view mirror and he was no where to be scene.
Appreciate 0