View Single Post
      01-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #35
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I live in Essex County and really almost everyone in this state has tints so it doesn't matter if you have a high end car or an econobox. You seriously underestimate the amount of hip prepsters in this area that just try to look cool.

I had a run in over the summer with some dude in a AW 335i coupe on route 3. We weren't racing and I just happened to pass him as he pulled off to the GSP exit and as I was about to give him the thumbs up I saw the outline of the bird being flipped at me through his tints. The only enthusiasts I've run into that give a nod or a thumbs up are Porsche drivers. Go figure.
Take it as a compliment then that he was clearly jealous of your car. But still that’s an isolated incident. I have gotten people of all different cars give me a thumbs up/ talk to me at stop lights. Actually 3 weeks ago where RT3 turns into 46 I noticed in my rear view mirror this white 6 series convertible cut off 3 different cars and finally pulls along side of me. I look over and it’s this black guy with like 21" chrome rims sticking out of his window giving me a thumbs up and screaming something. I didn't know how to respond because he almost ran this one car off the road just to get along side of me before so I just smiled. Anyways there is always going to be one jerk out there that will be jealous of your car.
Appreciate 0