Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
It says Catalyst "not ready", O2 sensor "not ready", Heated Cat. "not supported"
Readiness results: Not ready

No codes were found, but i'm not sure the software is just not "masking" them???
Not in this case...

The software would be masking codes if you had stored codes but the CEL wasn't illuminated. Since you have cat delete in your file to prevent the cat efficiency codes, other faults will be thrown if something arises, but cat efficiency will not set a fault because the input from the rear o2 sensors is ignored. This will cause the readiness routines not to finish, which will leave them in a not ready or pending state.

In this situation, I suggest to flash back to stock or have evolve make you a tuned file with the o2 settings stock. Then you will have to decide whether the hardware configuration will pass the catalyst efficiency checks. Sometimes there is a small window you can squeeze by if your exhaust setup is borderline emissions wise. It will take a few drive cycles to for the car to complete the readiness routines after the oxygen sensors are returned to default settings.

Keep in mind that when you are trying to get the car to pass readiness, you don't want to exceed 3000 RPM, have heavy throttle fluctuations, etc.. Easy city driving and freeway driving, keeping it at consistent RPM's. You will also need a few drive cycles as well. (this doesnt apply in your case since the monitors are not ready - it will never set readiness).

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0