View Single Post
      09-19-2018, 10:58 PM   #144
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerikivan View Post
when i bought the car it came in with h&r race springs already and right now im on 19's stock wheels.. i just bought my titan 7 ts5 18x10.5 +25 and im planning to go square setup.. i might go for 275/35/18 all around for now till i get coilovers.. are you guys rubbing on the fender or rubbing on the struts? thank you.
18x10.5" ET25 is not quite a low enough offset to clear the front struts with most suspension designs, so you will likely need small spacers. That is precisely why we make our newest 18x10.5" wheels with an ET22. Tire brand and size is also a major factor, as not all are created equal.

I highly suggest purchasing adjustable camber plates, not only to ensure you do not rub the front fenders, but more importantly for more consistent tire wear and mid corner grip. You'll want to leverage that new wheel and tire package.

If you are going to upgrade to coilovers in the near future, than you will want to hold off on camber plates to do it all at once (camber plates built for the OE spring diameter will not work with 2.25", 2.5" or 60mm linear springs commonly found on most track oriented coilovers). In the interim you could pull the camber pins which will at least net you somewhere around -1.8 degrees.

- Ryan