View Single Post
      09-04-2018, 04:28 PM   #83
bueller
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 EB F31 2018 LG F80

Garage List
Nice choice in roads, 94 out to Palomar used to be my goto on my motorcycle when I lived in SD. Put the 243 on your list for your next trip, its a little further north, but an amazing road.

The Cayman is an amazing car, it does everything well. Handling is amazing, quality is top notch. I enjoy the way the 6s sound, but the 4s sound fine. I find with the frunk / trunk combo, it has plenty of space.

On the down side, by the time you add some options, it's going to be spendy when you compare what you get for how much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorOver View Post
Had the opportunity to rent a base Cayman from Luso via Turo in San Diego. Did a drive out to Lake Cuyumaca via Hwy 94 then north from Jamul on some fun roads.

The car was an eye catching Miami Blue with 20" Carrera S wheels and equipped with a PDK, NAV, Apple CarPlay, along with the 14-way Power Sport seats, but that was about it from what I could tell.

Wow, that car handled incredibly! Steering was really direct and it cornered really flat. It was quicker than I thought it would be, slower than my Dinan stage 1 tuned M240i right off the line, but once the boost kicked in it produced a similar acceleration. The ride was firm, but better than the m lite in sport/sport plus on Dinan springs & bump stops.

I'm thinking a Cayman is in my future! Can't imagine how an S or GTS with more hp and performance options would drive! Here are some pics:
Appreciate 1
RotorOver295.50