View Single Post
      09-22-2017, 10:53 AM   #14
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep
Drives: '19 Porsche C2S Cab_M3 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Yes, the E92 has a linear high revving naturally aspirated power band like the E46. Very predictable and controllable. E46 will be more raw and you will feel more of a connection with the road. They have their issues -- valve clearances must be adjusted, rear subframe can tear, vanos breaks, rod bearings. Get one that has been sorted. Traction control is better on the E92 if you convert to the Euro MDM but maybe you are good enough to drive without traction control in the canyons. Tough decision. I think the E92 and F10 are so dissimilar that I would get the E92 unless you really want an older manual trans car that is more raw and in which you feel the road more directly. Both are easily modded with lots of aftermarket support. You can get an E46 to stock E90 power levels and I think that would make it pretty entertaining.
I had an E46 M3 with all its attendant problems. I don't think that I would recommend driving it with DSC off. With traction control off, I can most generously describe the E46's handling as "Twitchy".

Here's another E46 forum.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65
Appreciate 0