View Single Post
      02-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #31
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
Ohlins makes some great stuff and I know some evo guys who have had some great results with them. They can be revalved for higher springs and track work if needed too. The only reason I wouldn't get them is because they are not double adjustable. Perhaps ohlins will release the DA flag series as well. For the money though I can't think of a better single adjustable shock.

All of this has got me thinking about the need for mid range coilover for the M3. I think that the stock suspension is so good that you don't really gain that much performance unless you go with the high end stuff. Perhaps that's why companies like KW are only making clubsports and V3's. Thoughts?
Well, the only way we can really judge whether a so-called 'mid-range' kit is better or worse vs. stock (or even DA) is putting cars back-to-back on the track. Without testing, all we can do is basing the performance on various companies' experience and record, and speculate based on very limited info.

IMO a properly tuned single adjustable shock specifically for the M3 can be just as good as DA if the rebound/compression curves are matched correctly to the car and spring rates. Think F1 which uses non-adjustable shocks.

I am very curious as to whether the GTS's shocks are SA or DA. If my prediction is correct, they might be the same as Sachs' performance kit shocks, which is SA.
Appreciate 0