View Single Post
      04-26-2020, 08:46 PM   #2831
JPetro10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
Wow thats the opposite of my story. I was thinking about the M2 Comp. I had my E92 in for maintenance and asked the salesman to walk me through the M2 Comp in the showroom. He started the thing up for me, and offered to get it out of the showroom so I could drive it. At that point I decided to be happy with my E92. The exhaust noise from the M2 was... lackluster.
Yeah, I absolutely love the M2 regardless but man, the new M's just don't have the sound I go for at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
Double wow. That peeling roof is an easy fix. Either sand and clear the original or just replace the panel. The replacement is easier than the re-clear.

I believe you have the record low for a non-wrecked E9x. Whenever you can part the car out and make money over your purchase price, yet the thing still looks decent and performs well, you scored. And you definitely scored.
That was my thinking too! To fix the peeling carbon roof is one of the easier things to do for sure!

Funny you should mention that. My "excuse" for all of these project cars is to turn them into Youtube videos. I'm not much of a content creator or anything like that but I figure, if I'm going to be spending this much time/energy on these projects, it would be amazing if at some point they at least paid for themselves, lol! Anyways, unfortunately I think the title for this video will be, "Buying The Cheapest E92 M3 In The Country", lol.

I did quite a bit of searching and couldn't find anything with a clean title for this price. I happened to get very lucky that it was a 6MT, carbon roof, 1 owner. Although, the seller I'm dealing with isn't the best. It's a long...hopefully entertaining story once I'm finished dealing with him, lol.
Appreciate 0