View Single Post
      02-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #2
Xusem3
Private
Rep
Drives: E36 m3

Hello, Did you ever figure out what the issue was? im having the same issue with these 2 codes and so far i cant find any help on the fourms. Please update this and let us know. thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MTex View Post
I'm currently seeing an "Engine malfunction. Reduced power" and/or "Increased Emissions" message with really rough riding conditions. I suspect I'm getting intermittent cylinders firing. I pulled the codes and received the following :
  • P2316 - IGNITION COIL "F" PRIMARY CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
  • P2319 - IGNITION COIL "G" PRIMARY CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
  • P0111 - INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE
I figured the P2316 and P2319 errors were caused by bad ignition coils on cylinders 6 and 7 (F & G = 6 & 7 letters of the alphabet?) so I replaced those coils today. However, the errors still persist.

I want to make sure I'm replacing the right coils. Does anyone know if the the cylinder letters on the codes translate to the cylinder numbers? I doubt it's related to firing order but who knows?

Also, I'm thinking P0111 is caused by the other two errors but I'm not sure about that. I thought it would be wise to resolve the first two errors and then see if the third error went away. Unless someone has other suggestions?
Appreciate 0