United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkbrent View Post

I paid $67,650. I have an offer of $60,000 currently. Trick is, I'm not sure exactly what the '09 Porsche will cost with the options I want, so I may be stuck. Anyways, if anyone wants to make an offer, feel free. Any more "sales" tips would also be appreciated. Thanks guys.
As an '05 997 owner as well I can tell you if you're talking bout the new 09 Carrera and options plan to bring your checkbook. Mostly all Porsche's come with either options out the azz or bare to none at all with the later being extremely hard to find (a lightly optioned car). So unless you're ordering the 998 (I think they're calling it unofficially) the way you want and plan on waiting for it to arrive then you will pay alot in options to get a decent equiped car. Your car is nicely option (M3) and that probably cost you about what $4-6k...with the p-car you can easily go twice that to get what you want. You may want to check out www.rennlist.com and see what info you can find there. I am a member there and those guys are invaluable much like the M3post here in info, advice and steering you in the right direction.

As for $65k for your car? There are so many 08' around and 09's right around the corner...I think you may have a problem getting your price especially when likely a dealer will cut his MSRP for a similar car and a guy/gal can get one for your same price point brand new! Last I saw my dealer had 4 M3's some of which/hell most of which had been there since before I took delivery of my car which was in early July. Same cars...same lot. No sales.

Good luck with your 998 purchase...let us know how it goes!
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0