03-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #145
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I've never seen this issue except on the NT01s. I see Miata's heat cycle out hoosiers and other cars run Pilot sports down the the cords so I'm not inclined to believe that this is a rotation issue. We are using info that seems to not be tested with these specific tires.

If I get a chance...I'm calling Nitto next week. But I tend to believe that the splicing and the severity has to do with the track surface and temps. I think a lot of us texas drivers are experiencing this splicing because potentially of cold temps and significant temp increase throughout the day because we do run over the winter. And the tracks here are kind of rough with the exception of COTA. All of this splicing here in TX has happened over the last couple of months under cold (sub-50) and wet conditions. My spliced tires saw some days that started in the low 40s and ended up near 80.
but toyo r888 have the same issue - I saw a thread on it on another forum, you can search for it and you'll find it. How can you rule out that this is not a splice coming apart because of incorrect mounting?

plus if you see the mounting instruction pdf.... the driver rear is coming apart for me because my lettering is on the outside but the instructions say it should be on the inside..

the temperature.. that is interesting.. that is the case up here in the pacnw too... all my four trackdays started in the high 30s and went to the 50s ambient temp.
Appreciate 0