View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 10:48 PM   #8
g35mt
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
I don't think the difference lies in the screen and most of the hardware. But it does use a different harness than the ones that rely on AUX. I know the description is terrible and that's why it took forever for me to pull the trigger. I messaged them and they answered all my questions. If you want I can send you videos of what it does on What's app. I'm an audiophile and I'm actually installing a digital sound processor soon to take the EPS to the next level so this function was paramount to buying a new screen unit
i read on one of the audio thread mentioning that the audio is route with the harness instead of a 3.5mm male to aux port in the armrest. If my understanding is correct, it's still using aux. The sound probably cleaner since you don't have to run to the armrest.

nycplumber, can you go to the cd menu and see what input are you selecting? It should be aux. If you connect your iphone directly to the usb port in the armrest, then you music audio should route to the iphone input.
Appreciate 0