View Single Post
      07-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #37
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarPundit View Post
Yeah, as pretty as it is, I grew to loathe Bay Area culture. I’m glad to be out. Unfortunately LA isn’t much better, but I’m looking to get out of LA as soon as I can break free of my golden handcuffs.

The irony is that there is nothing “green” about a Tesla, or any other EV. Unless you drive the crap out of it for 80 years (which none of the self-righteous, arugula-chewing, anti-capitalist Bay Area millionaires do) you have done the environment no favors. But hey, you get to look down your nose at all the M3-driving enviro-criminals, so there’s that....
I find LA very different. Besides a few small areas, everyone is rather materialistic. People want fancy clothes, cars and everyone wants to look pretty.

In SF, a lot of girls go out without make up and wear mismatched clothing - it looks like they just woke up and walked out the door. I rarely see a girl in LA without make up and fully dressed up.

Like you said, if someone really wants to save the environment in a non-show off way, get a inexpensive fuel efficient car like a Corolla and drive it until the doors fall off.

Last edited by Z K; 07-11-2018 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 1