07-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #28
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
The real problem is that housing prices need to rise. San Mateo is among the most expensive places to live in the SF Bay Area, yet you still have white trash walking around in a wife-beater or people who speak like the guy recording the video. It's a great place to live, but it will be even better when they eventually get flushed out.
Anger issues and poor judgment is not exactly a trait that's exclusive to lower income individuals, so I don't think raising home prices is a solution. If anything, there are probably more privileged and entitled individuals in the higher income bracket. Simply being able to afford a house north of $2 million doesn't necessarily mean that person is better as a human being. Judging by the white person in the black tanktop's attire and his inability to hold his own in a street fight, I wouldn't be surprised if that man was making six-figures annually.

San Francisco, Daly City, San Mateo, Redwood City, Palo Alto, and even San Rafael all have lower income neighborhoods. The people working at Starbucks, retail stores, hotels, and most other blue collar jobs live in these neighborhoods -- they are an integral part of what makes the Bay Area one of the best places to live in the entire world.

If you grew up near San Francisco and Oakland (e.g. South City, Daly City, Berkeley, Alameda, Hayward), saying "ni-gga" is just another way of saying homie or friend, which is not to be mistaken with the one that ends with an "er". I believe this is how things go in certain parts of New York (Queens & Brooklyn), Miami, LA, Long Beach, and other parts of the country, as well.

This is obviously not the case in the middle Peninsula like Millbrae, Burlingame, Palo Alto, but you can bet non-white high school students at Lowell (SF) with a 4.0 GPA or higher are freely using the word "ni-gga" within their group of friends. Whether or not it's appropriate language is a different conversation, but my point is, there is no ill-intent when someone of color uses the friendlier N word,, especially if they grew up in certain parts of the Bay Area.
Appreciate 0