View Single Post
      02-28-2024, 03:12 AM   #1
e90sanmarino
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Carbahn 4.6L Stroker build/long term review

Greetings,

My name is Duc, and I currently reside in Vietnam. I have been an enthusiast of ///M cars for an long time. My introduction to the M cars began with the E39 M5, which I acquired with the assistance of Law during our college years. Since then, my admiration for M cars has remained and I have harbored a desire to create the ultimate iteration of what I consider OEM+.

Fast forward to approximately a year ago, I came across my dream car and determined it to be the optimal platform for my envisioned build: a manual sleek-top E90 M3.

Allow me to provide a brief overview of my car's history. I am the third owner of the sole E90 M3 in Vietnam. Despite its subpar condition at the time of purchase, my profound attachment to the ///M brand led me to acquire it, embarking on a minor restoration journey.

However, the engine's performance and sound never met expectations. Upon consulting with BPMSport and undergoing a stage 2 tune, it was revealed that the previous owner had money-shifted, resulting in max RPM of 11,000. Subsequent analysis suggested potential bearing damage, likely due to this occurrence. Although efforts were made to rectify the issue, including a consultation with deansbimmer regarding intermittent vibration faults, satisfactory resolution proved elusive. Notably, significant metallic debris discovered during a routine oil change prompted the decision to pursue a complete motor swap.

While conventional wisdom might have dictated a stock rebuild approach, the limited expertise and resources available locally prompted me to opt for a brand-new engine instead.

I reached out to several reputable entities such as Carbahn, MRF, and Team Schirmer for quotations. Ultimately, I selected Carbahn due to their unique offering of warranty coverage for their stroker build and without requiring shipping the original core.

For tuning, I have chosen to collaborate with BPM due to their exceptional service and tuning philosophy, favoring a conservative approach given the quality of available fuel in my region.

I share this post with the intent to document my experience with a stroker build, with hopes of providing valuable insights for fellow enthusiasts. I commit to updating this thread throughout the various stages of the stroker kit ownership, inspired by the informative contributions of individuals such as SYT_Shadow.

If you have any questions just let me know

Attached are some images showcasing the stroker and associated components in preparation for the engine swap:
Attached Images

Last edited by e90sanmarino; 02-28-2024 at 03:27 AM..
Appreciate 13
Reddevils71069.50
CTMike262.00
nick37531032.00
gnx759.50
DrFerry6734.50
Tuner199.00
wyatth3553.00
DjMarkOne105.00
Helmsman4489.00
Law6389.00
911r907.50