View Single Post
      03-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
needspeed
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 10 X5 M/05 F430/12 CTS-V Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
So let me get this straight. You have enough money to buy an M3 in cash. Yet you let a salesmen convince you to finance a car in a color you don't like. I would recommend you bring someone with you next time you go to buy a car. You will lose a ton of money if you try and sell that car now and order one in the color you want, but it sounds like you can afford it so go with it. If you don't like that one, perhaps the 3rd time will be the charm.
The OP has two issues that can be discussed. The first is financing or buying the car outright. I have a very good friend who actually paid less by getting financing and then paying it off in the first billing cycle. So nothing wrong with that.

The second issue is the OP thinks that other colors would be nicer so how bad would it be to switch out. It does not matter how he paid he will take a hit since he already drove it off the lot. There is no cheap and easy way out. Unless the dealer feels like doing him a favor (not to likely). So in the end the OP needs to take a deep breath and say to himself is it worth spending more money on a different color or not.

It seems that he bought impulsively (not so bad since it’s still an M3) but should learn a lesson in life that a good deal can be had every day and that a salesperson wants you to believe that this is the only good deal you will ever get. You may want a New BMW on any given day but I find it hard to believe that you really objectively need a new BMW TODAY!

Keep the car you have, it is great and you should let your buyers remorse pass quickly. All colors drive the same......Good Luck, learn a lesson and enjoy your new car.......Steve
05 F430 F1 - Giallo
08 BMW M3 Interlagos Blue Metallic - DCT (Traded)
Appreciate 0