05-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #154
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE View Post
Thanks for the kind comment, MP0WER. Interestingly enough, it was the similarities I saw between our houses that was the impetus for me to post in the first place. So I wouldn't say you were too far off your original design intentions at all!

I appreciate the comments on the garage. I do love that garage. I can get four cars in there if I had to. And, better yet, it leads into the basement which we are about to finish construction on.

My last duty station was in the UK, and we really enjoyed the local pub culture mentality. So we are designing it around those memories. I just had a bunch of stuff shipped over from the UK (including replaced pub signs) that will really help with the authenticity factor. We also put heating elements underneath the slate floor throughout the basement, so that should really help add to the room's "warmth" in the winter months.

The other half of the basement will be our theatre room. Everything has already been purchased and it's KILLING me to have all this great equipment just stacked up in boxes on the floor as opposed to being able to enjoy the quality sounds I am dying to hear.

Not that anyone asked, but I will post a picture of the bar in its current state. It will have it's own 55" Panny plasma behind it on a separate channel for "entertainment" purposes. We will also have three beers on tap at any one time so if anyone is coming through the area and cares to stop by for a pint you are more than welcome! We should be completely done with the project within the next two weeks.

Cheers,
t
Sweet Bar! All that audio equipment would be killing me sitting there in boxes too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick719 View Post
My house is currently just a foundation with some floor sheeting going in now. Framing starts next week. Not too picture worthy yet.
Exciting times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Ok, I recently moved into a 5 year old home and ended up doing alot of renovations before moving in...the hardwood floors were nice but too reddish in color so it had to go....the shelving in family room had cabinet doors which were awkward so the entire unit had to be pulled and replaced...I have alot of photos but before the actual staining process so no pics of finished work...if there is a hell for being wasteful I am sure I will be there...threw away alot of nice cabinets and flooring....
Very nice. Love the use of so much wood. Brings a lot of warmth to the space.

I noticed that one of the pics i took with a cell phone made the floors look horrible. Being in the flooring industry, i can't have that.

Used American Walnut in the living room and a medium travertine with chiseled edges in a french cut pattern.

Used teak in the pool bath.... little dusty during construction.