View Single Post
      05-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #48
qbnlykwhoa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankj88 View Post
I got the Alpine stage 2 tune as well for my current setup (test pipe + secondary cat + resonator + stock muffler) and the overrun is barely present. I will get the occasional burble but no pops and nothing you can hear unless you really really listen.

Oh really? I'm wondering if the exhaust mod makes that much of a difference since we have the same setup basically. Mine pops like crazy lol. The higher the RPM the more pops I get. Usually have to be over around 3.5k rpm to get any pops and also have to modulate the throttle slightly to get it to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
Bumping this - any more feedback on the RE resonated pipes?

I like things on the quieter side (a little more volume, primarily at higher RPM/WOT, would be okay), with zero drone and minimal rasp. Given this, I think I will be keeping the OEM muffler. But I want the power/tq of going stage 2, so I am thinking of adding these resonated pipes to an otherwise stock system.
I think these would be great with a stock system. I have the two pipe mod and it's pretty loud but not in a bad way. The car sounds nice and mean. With the rear section stock I'd imagine it would tone it down a bit and make it perfect for someone not looking to make as much noise.
Appreciate 0