01-22-2009, 03:36 AM   #69
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbp335
Don't compare a 3 series to a Ferrari.....it's not even close. The M3 power is at the bottom of all it's competitor. Yeah yeah sure it's meant to shine on the track not at a straight line. But your average joe don't take it to the track, his race track is the freeway and stop light to stop light. Which put the M3 at a big disadvantage. The M3 dominance over competition ended with the E46.
Let me address all of your points, one at a time.

I don't think it's fair to compare a Ferrari to an M3, on average it near a third of the price yet it delivers about 85% of the ability which is not bad at all.

It will be the least powerful when the RS5 arrives but even then the M3 will hold up well if the M5 is anything to go by. But unlike it's bigger family member the M3 is at the top on every other thing it does compared to it's rivals, the only unknown is the RS5 but I doubt it will be that much better, probably a similar improvement to the likes of the S4 vs 335i.

I agree that the M3 has a disadvantage at stop lights, it's only really gets going near the end of most street races, but then the kind of DICKS which street race don't think of the speed limits so it could stand a pretty good chance after all.

Total BS about the best M3 being the E46, the difference this time round is the competition has got a lot better and it's this that makes the new M3 look like it's stood still. Fact is that it's miles better than the previous version in every way possible.
Appreciate 0