View Single Post
      05-23-2019, 04:38 PM   #1027
Type_Yarr
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysalami View Post
Are you sure your endlink bolts are completely tight, and were tightened with the bar unloaded?

My Dinan endlinks seem to get loose after a few events and will start to clunk from having a little bit of play. So every once in a while I get the car on ramps and make sure the nut where the endlink connects into the bar is very tight. Doing this with the car uneven or with the sway bar loaded, like if the car is just up on a jack stand, doesn't work.
Yeah I noticed that happened when I first installed the bar. The jam nuts loosened off after the first event I ran with it. Initially, it stopped clunking after I cranked them down, but it's gotten progressively worse over the past year. The jam nuts are still tight, but the clunk is much more noticeable than before. I don't have ramps so I haven't checked with the front suspension loaded since last fall, the best I've done lately is to have both front wheels off the ground with the struts at full extension.

I've seen a few people mention the endlink length as being an issue from Dinan, so before I move onto my next steps I was hoping someone could confirm if shortening the endlinks has helped.

Next steps:
Option 1: Leave Dinan endlinks unmodified, but completely disassemble, inspect and reinstall with zero preload. No compliance currently when fully installed, but potential for preload. Order new ball joint ends from Dinan if required.

Option 2: Take Dinan endlinks to machine shop to shorten by 1/2".

Option 3: Order Bimmerworld 11-12.5" endlinks. (I would prefer the booted/greased Dinan/OEM ball joint ends for a street car over the spherical rod ends, but whatever works...)
Appreciate 0