08-27-2018, 03:34 PM   #27
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindoh View Post
I did have MDM on (Euro Spec) I can't say if that contributed to the overheating of the brakes. I didn't feel the ABS come on.

In terms of a front kit only, I don't really want to have mismatched brakes from an aesthetics POV. I know it's silly but still want the car to look good.

I was just asking about the bigger rotors for the ST40 as the rotors are slightly smaller than stock. Just feel bigger is better in terms of absorbing and venting heat. Also seems like making the front and rear brakes same size (using ST40 F/R) may cause issues maybe the back locking up potentially if the braking force is equal F/R.

I think I'm leaning towards a ST60/ST40 setup as I want this to be the final solution and want the brakes to be overkill in the sense that I never have to worry about reaching their limit in a 20-30 minute lapping session and can push the car the entire time.
I think the main point is for performance you don't necessarily need a rear BBK. You'd be better off buying a BBK for just the front, and with the money you save invest in a decent set of coil overs. You could always add the rears later if you really felt it was necessary.
Appreciate 0