View Single Post
      08-25-2018, 05:51 PM   #23
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindoh View Post
I do need a solution that addresses the front and rear brakes. When I came in after my first session where I was driving (100% to me &#128527 the rear brakes had smoke pouring off them. So the rears definitely went past the limit as well. The rest of the day I had to coast into corners, felt like a waste.

The local track to me is notorious for being a brake killer. You have a main straight that you brake from 110-120MPH down to 25MPH which then leads onto a small straight from 80-90 down to 20-25 with more slow corners leading back onto the main straight so the brakes never get a break(no pun intended) or even a good spot to cool down on the track.

Would a st40 front and rear throw off the bias too much, could I find a st40 kit for the front that would have larger rotor for the front?
Did you have DSC on or off? If you had it “on” then that could’ve contributed to overheating the pads. DSC is working even when the light on the dash is not flashing.

You’d have much better luck with a true race/track pad vs. a hybrid street pad. However, you’d be fine with the ST40 F and R kits - others use this setup for the track (some with the stock R brakes).
Appreciate 0