SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
i am a watch nut and a car nut:
however, i think panerai's are nearly on there way out, another few years and the fad is done as far as i am concerned.
i own a black seal and still love it...if you will always appreciate it, then get it by all means, but if your buying a panerai because its instantly recognizable i think the fad will die out soon...and honestly, the panerai is no watchmakers dream, it is really quite basic. but simple and big is nice sometimes.
if you could stretch to an iwc big pilots, do it...
Funny you say this.

I too thought that the whole over sized watch craze that started a few years ago would die out, but it hasn't. Now most Panerais are like 44mm so that isn't too big unlike some stupid Jacob & Co or Grahamn's that are 48-56mm+!

Panerai has had an amazing resurgence in the past 10 years, i do not see the brand dying out anytime soon at all. It has arguablly the most loyal followers, "Panerisiti" than any other brand. Additionally considering that most Panerais are made in 1000-2000 piece runs per year, they really aren't as played out as some suggest.

Lastly, someone was arguing the whole M3/Accord thing and mentioned what;s the difference from a Panerai to a Timex? Bull shit, A) Timex'es are cheap quartz p.o.s.'s and B) are made by machines, Panerais are automatic or manual movements and are hand made in very limited quantities. I too agree that when drivers of high end cars call out people on expensive watch purchases, is really no different than just buying an economical Honda or Toyota.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0