View Single Post
      11-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #41
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
One of my work colleagues in his 50's called me a "wannabe wop" for buying a BMW. Apparently he has some sort of statistical analysis of the ethnicity of BMW owners in our city and they're all Italian (I am not therefore I am a wannabe).

He then proceeded to tell me about the time he got cut off by a 3 series in traffic and got him back by flooring it and flying past him in his 2005 V6 Nissan Maxima all with his teenage son cheering him on. Went on like it was his greatest achievement. Gotta stick it to the man I guess.

Now to be fair this guy is the biggest douchebag I've ever met in my life. It wouldn't matter if you have a more expensive car or a more expensive haircut he's always trying to one up you or put you down for having it if he can't. And he's a lazy one too. Gotten by in life out of sheer luck IMO. Wouldn't waste time thinking about him except this thread reminded me of that story. Not suggesting he'd buy a BMW if he could afford it (maybe he could) but even so get over yourself.

Honestly other than him not many people have made negative comments to me related to the car. Most people around here really don't care what you drive as far as I can tell which is OK by me. Not like our cars are for royalty either; pretty sure you can get a CPO'd 128i or 135i for less than a new fully optioned Honda Accord from what I can tell. How come nobody goes up to owners of those cars when they're washing it and make rude comments? All perception.
Appreciate 0