01-29-2022, 02:47 PM   #402
KanseiDorifto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 JB/FR E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson3yoo View Post
Product is A+. Incredibly well designed and built.

The "bad" only comes with installation IF you have a larger oil cooler or intercooler, like me have the AA sc kit. I have a much larger intercooler and piping down there which gives you less than zero clearance.

I had to do some of my own "fabricating" which meant removing the rubber and cutting down the plastic pieces with a Dremel so it was flat/flush. Lastly I had to go buy longer rear screws bc I just didn't have the shear force while lying on the ground to push the tray up. Using the longer screws as leverage I got the tray flush and replaced with the shorter screws one at a time.

To reiterate... great product!
Super late response, but I'm unfortunately having the same fitment issues but with the stock oil cooler. When the ducts are lined up, the undertray's bowing out in the middle and the rear portion where it bolts into the oil pan is pointing much further down. It takes a lot of force to push the tray up to sit flush and it feels like that can't be right. It's almost like the 2 sides of the bumper are pressing into the tray too much when it's slid in.

Not sure if anyone has had this issue or if I might need the bumper repositioned...?
Appreciate 0