12-04-2019, 06:03 AM   #21
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM5 View Post
Awesome to follow your real-world impressions now that you've got some seat time behind you.

I recently drove my gf's E90 NA and it has me also contemplating going back to that setup, but adding 4.10 gears—the engine seems to wind up with eagerness at any point in the rev range without a supercharger bolted to it. Certainly doesn't have the all-out acceleration that the SC brings, but I like the road behavior quite a bit without it.

Happy to help you with any suspension questions—I've just recently dialed in the rear of my E90 and really satisfied with the upgrades.
I drove a friends DCT car a few years ago that was basically all stock and I also thought at the time that it got up and moved plenty quick enough. 4.10 gears would probably help make the 6MT a little closer to DCT gearing. You can only go so fast on public roads anyways which is where my car spends all of it's time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
Love this car and the direction you're taking it! Be sure to post and share more with us.

Thanks! Will do.

I'll be using this thread as my place to document and share everything I do with the car. I've got quite a few things on my to-do list to ultimately have the car buttoned up before spring when we really get good driving weather back.
Appreciate 0