View Single Post
      12-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #44
AdamJ39
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Added rear seat photos, they work but a few adjustments need to be made beyond my original brief test fit to make them fit the car seamlessly...The seats are currently in the car and semi secure minus the mounting details listed below, still working on correcting the issues and will update later, quick notes for those interested

--Side Bolsters-- The seatbelts are relocated to the top corners in the F8x so a large window is open in these locations (difficult to see but should be trimmed out)
**Mounting issues**
1- only the lower outboard locators are in the correct place, the inside locators need extensions, the upper retainers also need extensions, otherwise the bolster will be held too far back at the top causing a gap between the door frame and bolster

--Lower Seat-- Fits fine just takes a little extra effort to clip in..

--Rear Backrests-- Slightly tighter fit but acceptable and look correct in the car...
**Mounting Issues**
1- Had to remove the top trim/gasket on the bottom of the rear deck surounding the latch assembly to get them to latch because the F80 seat does not have an offset to allow the catch to reach the latch assembly, removing the trim gave enough space to latch but is not as easy to latch as i'd like (might only need a minor adjustment)

2- The side pivots will not work as is from the F8x, the brackets are different and their mounting locations are wider by 1" overall... I removed the brackets and the hardware for the test fit/photos, this allowed them to fit properly but leaves no space for any brackets without modification to the car. The only solution is to remove the inboard gusset from the E9x body mounting locations 16mm must be removed (this can be done without any concern of strength reduction to the mounting location and is the only option) doing this will provide clearance for new brackets and hardware. The center pivot is in the correct position (or close enough)

**I will be making all the parts to correct the issues at least for my own car... if anyone else is interested I can always make more (I have a cnc)... the parts will include the following so far**

-New brackets for the backrests
-Extensions for the side bolsters

Last edited by AdamJ39; 12-01-2018 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 2