07-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #493
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalwok View Post
It kills me that dealers always pull the orginal MSRP when talking about price..."you know that this car MSRPed for over $70K..." What does that mean to me...nothing. I would not pay MSRP if I was buying the car new. And everyone knows whatever price you get for a new car it drops as soon as you take it off the lot

Doing my research in buying used cars I have found most large dealers will not even bother to check what the market is for a given car. What the dealers look at is what they paid for it and mark it up their standard percentage. That is why you see the lowest prices at large dealers. However, once the price is set initially most sales people have an allowed percentage drop before consulting the manager. Then the manager looks at other factors such as overall sales volume for the month, the hit rate for the car, length of time on the lot, etc..to determine if they can let it go at cost.

So you got a great deal which is awsome but rest to sure they still made money but how much we will never know. And when they pulled the sticker was probably surprized that the car depreciated so much as well as kicking themselves for not sticking to their guns.
exactly how you should approach used car shopping or new car shopping. Who gives a fuck how much the car USED to cost?! It's what the car is worth today to ME! That's what is relevant.

I can price my feces at $100 per ounce, but I'm only willing to go down to $99 per ounce, wtf, it's still poop, it's worth shit.
Appreciate 0