03-05-2024, 11:10 PM   #1
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

Thunderbirds are go !

NO, not those LOL

Something on Social media made me remember my first drunken night.
I was about 16-17 at the time.

I had had for a week, gastric flu, so didnt eat anything, it was Christmas eve or possibly Easter as that night we were going to church (the whole familly)

I went to a friends place and we loaded up with this awesome tasting "wine" I belive is made from pears (in the UK) called Thunderbird, I can't remember how many bottles we went through !

I finally got home to go to church, (about7pm) and I was lashed. (We'd starting drinking around 3- no food or snacks)

I was happy, no issues, got into a packed church (Presbyterians, church of Scotland, very stuffy and posh, also very judgmental)

As we sat down the room began to swim, I began to burp, I kept my eyes closed. my 2 sisters on one end of me moved down, my mum & dad next to me,

Dad asked if I wanted to leave, I nodded, he said can I do it on my own I shook my head. The next hymn everyone stood and my dad let me out. He was cursing me for embarrassing the whole familly.

By the time the got bacxk, I had thrown up all over the back seat of his car, on the street, the pavement and on myself.

Sisters took the bus home, mum and dad argued, then I heard something that made my bones chill...

"no no no, I'm not going to say anything now... we'll wait till tomorrow morning"

The car kept spinning, my eyes stayed closed, I kept thinking, God, how cxan anyone like this feeling, luckily I didnt throw up anymore

Came down the dext day close to 4pm (I was up for hours )
My dad tackled me about my drinking ! Actually he was really good, saying dont get drunk, know your limits, you did embarrass us, dont do it again

I could never look a bottle of Thunderbird in the eye again

OH,,, I did get drunk many times after that

Oh THunderbird that wonderful American drink !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0