View Single Post
      12-27-2019, 12:05 PM   #10
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

I've owned both. 5 years ago I had an e92 6spd and loved it. I had it for about a year but ended up selling it due to using the funds for a property purchase. It was a great daily driver - very comfortable, big trunk, and with snow tires it was actually really good in the winter.

About a year later when it came time to buy another "fun" car I went for an Audi S5 v8 with 6spd manual. That was also a great and fun car, although definitely more of a touring car. I liked it enough that I traded it in on an RS5, which honestly was a huge mistake. I loved that car for all of about a week. It's one of those cars that ticks all the right boxes on paper, but in real life was underwhelming. It was great to look at, but absolutely soulless and boring to drive. It's suspension was also very harsh - much more harsh than the M3. Also check out the maintenance costs - on top of the carbon build up, the DSG tranny also needs service constantly.

Fast forward a few years and I now have a dedicated daily driver (Tesla Model S P85D) but I'm considering picking up a nice e9x 6spd as a weekend car, mostly because it's really the most fun in a reasonable price range.
Appreciate 1
chocstraw495.50