View Single Post
      11-27-2022, 08:55 AM   #12
BIGMIG
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3/ '13 F800GS

I pined and lusted after M2s all through the development and prelaunch phase. I wanted to order one, was bummed no individual option existed. Life changed and I was glad I didn't buy at the time.

A cheap manual E92 fell into my lap and Ive put thousands in. Many days I hate it especially when I am fixing it, but then it wins me back every time I get it perfect again.

I would say it depends on your day to day needs for a car. DCT is always faster and like another member said it has versatility. The S65B40 engine is fast enough revving, and if your skills allow, the car is a "two-hands on the wheel" fast.

In my area the speeds are low and the cops and speed camera a plenty. I use cruse control and drive as slow as possible because I am burning 12-16L/100km depending on how much I feel like burying the peddle.

The car is at home at 70km/h and higher, and somewhat hates life below that or in stop and go. it is very much the wrong car and I start to hate it again... it is a nice place to be inside, but there are more comfy and more economical cars for traffic.

People mention making the car louder, and maybe I got old but I like things stock ish so that when I do drive flat out, I don't get too much attention. Maybe it's my appearance but certain age demographics get uppity with event the slightest blip of the throttle to 3500rpm to shift down to 2nd lol.

The engine has plenty of bark but the sound deadening in the cabin is intense. The E92 M3 is very much a windows down radio off car for me. People like the E93 for this reason. Overall it is bomb at grand touring and highway commutes. I winter beat mine and it is great. My roads suck so I run Bilstein B6 shocks rich are ideal for these conditions and cabins runs.

I still sit in it lusting at clean E46s which are true nimbleness and agility. I had a cage-less SpecE46 street car build that I miss dearly.

The M2 is gonna offer more performance and probably more economy in traffic rush hour commutes. If you don't mind driving slow and getting passed by everyone in Kias or shit boxes with low end torque, GET ONE. This car will be slower in every way. I don't care about getting buzzed on the track by M2s F8X M3s ect I am having a BALL.

Budget $3k a year for pro-active maintenance / repairs LOL

Edit: for traffic and rush our commutes I prefer motorcycles or this shitbox Toyota Echo NCP13 that is a marvel to drive and burns exactly half the gas. Perfect short trip car. The performance yields from mods are enormous. I swear I got 15hp (Back) from fresh plugs. To get that on the S65 is like, $350 for under drive pulleys, $200 for a tune from DINAN and a $100 drop in filter. I was peeping the DINAN throttle bodies for a casual $2000 for 6-9hp. with a $3800 core charge...

If you want a tuner car, the E9X M3 kinda sucks beyond going straight Forza motorsport/Track Tool/Racekor. It is a very special car when stock as it maintains the two-faced duality. You can cruise/dub or your can hang gear and roll on and off the gas for epic sounds. Way more tactile.

Last edited by BIGMIG; 11-27-2022 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 2
specka71.00
SaMaster144479.50